Words have always been easy for me. Especially if I wanted to describe something. I’m pretty sure I used to actually think in words. When I looked at something or had a conversation with someone, adjectives and adverbs would just be zipping around in my mind. Lately, though…Lately I’ve been a bit weirdy. Yes, weirdy. (You can thank Craig Ferguson for that one.) Weirdy with the Story, mostly.
(Okay, perhaps you’re not familiar with the Story. It’s what most people would call young adult-fiction/fantasy. Or idiocy, if you please. I’m trying to make it a novel. I’ve been writing it since I was fifteen. Yes, that’s right, it’s um…been a little while. The problem is, I’m an incomplete person, and a crummy writer. When I wrote the first draft, a hundred years ago […or three-ish], I didn’t know I was an incomplete person, and a crummy writer. I thought I was the shiz. [Not a shiz, but THE shiz.] So I wrote this draft to turn into Rizor. [Jim Rizor. He’ll come up again in this blog, I’m sure, so when I say Rizor, know that he was my high school sophomore English teacher, and the awesomest high school teacher on the entire planet.] It was crap, of course, but long, complicated crap with the traces of some interesting characters and engaging plot. It’s been under construction ever since. And I know, plenty of people waste a lot of time fiddling with crap they came up with when they were fifteen, and they’ve just become blindly devoted to this ancient crap of theirs. I, of course, in my typical fashion, think I’m different. The Story is worth the effort. The Story is incredible. Or…will be. Anyway…What am I talking about? Let me jump out of this parentheses. Woooo) Haah!
Holy--! That was an insane digression. Back to being weirdy with the Story. I haven’t been seeing it in words this past month. I’ve always seen it in words. Now I’m seeing it like it’s a movie in my head. And I’m gonna admit, the cinematography is brilliant. Sometimes the dialogue is a bit shoddy, but the action is breathtaking, and the emotions are so tangible and real.
This is all delicious for me, but not too amazing on the whole writing front. I keep getting these scenes in my head, but I don’t really know how to turn them into good writing.
So I’m sending out a plea to all you brilliant science-y people out there in the cyber world!!!
You’ve got to help me out! I need a machine that could easily and painlessly insert into my brain and then plug into a television or computer and display this amazingness that’s going on in my head. (The ‘ware to capture the amazingness onto a disc would be nice, too.)
Either that, or some kind of hat that gently prods my brain back into see things in words instead of pictures?
Or, how about a candy/beverage that gives me some kinda writing ability.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That machine sounds brilliant. And if you ever discover that candy/beverage, please let me know. I need some of that as well.
X) I don't know where you will find said machine, but good luck! And, WELCOME TO MY WORLD! I thought that everyone thought in pictures or films...
Post a Comment