Wrote this a minute ago, thought I might as well put it here. Didn't edit it, don't care to.
~
You ask me, “How you been?!”
I smile and nod, wondering if I should show you the puzzle piece in my hand
Explain myself
You see
This puzzle piece is my life
My eternity even
And I’m standing here in front of this colossal puzzle
It’s got holes in it
Spaces for me to put my piece the
Little colored cardboard in my palm
Is funky shaped
Y’know?
But there are some empty places that are weird too
And my piece could be comfortable in those
Bit squinched ah well
But
My little life
It’s all sorts of shades and hues
Which don’t quite work with surrounding
Pieces
So this complicates things
Not only do I hafta find the right shape
But I need to blend color as
Well
Not only that
I’ve only got this teensy little straw to peer through
That’s it
Limited view
So now I’ve found a space that seems to fit me well
Enough
Well it leaves a gap
And the grays in my piece don’t
Match
But it’s pretty
Close
I can’t look around to make sure this is the best
Fit
Cause I might not be able to find my way back
If it really is as good as I’ll ever find
And it might be
The puzzle is so vast and the space
Unmentionable
Meanwhile
He’s behind me
Looking at the whole puzzle
Knowing exactly where my piece’s place is
I don’t look back
Can’t lose myself
So I ask back for
His
Direction
He assures me that
It’s best if I find it myself
Y’know?
Work through it all on my own with
His assurance
“Trust me”
For the best
This way
…With the straw
I’ve learned to
Love working out
Puzzles
Y’know?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, your blog came back to life! Cool poem!
Post a Comment