My sister Mindy has inspired me. She blogs and ponders and posts and believes like a devoted creature . . . and, quite frankly, puts me to shame. (Isn’t frankly a weird word? To be like Frank. Hm.)
I no longer blog. I never blogged very whole-heartedly when I did. I’m going to change that. I’m going to find a time to revamp this blog, probably when I graduate and hopefully have a free moment (and an internet connection at home). Of course, maybe I’ll decide not to. Maybe I’ll decide to move to Burma and take a vow of silence. Maybe I’ll decide to become a mother and pour my time into forming people. Who knows? I’m not making any promises. Hopefully I will write.
Today I’m going to begin the blog challenge—because I can’t let my big sister one-up me. However, I will only be posting on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I’m a student and an editor and a writer and a hockey player and a wife and an LDS woman, yo! I don’t have time to post everyday, okey? Forgive me for this.
So here’s the challenge:
Day 01 - Introduce Yourself
Day 02 - Your First Love
Day 03 - Your Parents
Day 04 - What You Ate Today
Day 05 - Your Definition Of Love
Day 06 - Your Day
Day 07 - Your Best Friend
Day 08 - A Moment
Day 09 - Your Beliefs
Day 10 - What You Wore Today
Day 11 - Your Siblings
Day 12 - What's In Your Bag
Day 13 - This Week
Day 14 - What You Wore Today
Day 15 - Your First Kiss
Day 16 - Your Dreams
Day 17 - Your Favorite Birthday
Day 18 - Your Favorite Memory
Day 19 - Something You Regret
Day 20 - This Month
Day 21 - Another Moment
Day 22 - Something That Upsets You
Day 23 - Something That Makes You Feel Better
Day 24 - Something That Makes You Cry
Day 25 - A First
Day 26 - Your Fears
Day 27 - Your Favorite Place
Day 28 - Something That You Miss
Day 29 - Your Aspirations
Day 30 - One Last Moment
Lucky you—this is Day 1! Intro to Me
I’m a human being: my spirit was formed by my Heavenly Parents in the premortal world, I was physically born on January 28 twenty-two years ago, and I am spiritually reborn every day. I contemplate life, the principles of truth in the LDS Church and in thoughtful people across time, and I think about myself—a lot.
But I won’t wax philosophical right now . . . because wax is messy and I’ve got to go to the opera tonight. (Seriously. Writing for Theatre class.)
No, but truly: How am I supposed to introduce myself? Who am I? What am I? Am I simply the stories I tell about myself? Am I the color of my eyes or the place I work? Am I where I’ve lived or who I’ve loved?
I am everything—my laugh, my whisper, my shout, my song, my cry. I believe in honest contact, in truthful and meaningful living. I’m afraid of disappointing myself. I hope to help people’s hearts to love themselves as growing, learning, stumbling human beings who are loved and capable of love, who can always be better but not be disillusioned by the elusive “best.” I want to appreciate the glory of this world and the miracles of life. I want to remember where my blessings come from, and I want to remember how my trials help me.
My parents named me Krista Alice. My name tells of my devotion to the Savior and also reminds me of my ancestry. It provides me with perspective and with courage. I can be what I should be, what I can be, what I hope to be.
I married Tyrel. I married an angel. I took his name to remember to love him and be more like him. I took the Savior’s name at baptism for the same reason.
I won’t write deeply about my husband here. My feelings are too sacred to share with just anyone. Suffice it to say that I married a man whom I will love and take care of and laugh with and cry with and learn with forever.
Well, this is getting longer than anyone cares to read. I’m even bored with it. Should I have addressed something else in my introduction? Here, let me nutshell like my sister did :)
My name is Krista Alice Holmes Hanby. I was born in the midwinter of 1989. I have two older sisters, two older brothers, and a younger brother (my dear Elder Kylie Wylie LC O Wise Keylay the Mighty). I have a massive extended family who brighten my life. I was born into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and in it is the foundation of all the happiness I know in my life.
I enjoy reading and writing stories; getting to know someone enough to participate in a free exchange of thoughts and feelings with them; laughing; playing sports and games; sleeping; listening to and making music; watching and making films and plays; making other people laugh; dancing; doing adventurous oudoorsy things like hiking, rappelling, rock climbing, camping, whitewater rafting, cycling, and fourwheeling; drawing; shouting; crying; skipping; acting goofy; doing bad impersonations; serenading; driving fast and making sharp turn; playing laser tag; riding rollercoasters; being socially awkward; hiding; pretending to be cool things like ninjas and spies; and dreaming.
I want to travel around the world. I want to test myself. I want to know everyone I meet. I want to learn how to deal with change and disappointment without feeling like I’m ripping apart.
And I want to focus, ahahahaaa . . . yeah.
I lived in San Jacinto, Southern California, until I moved to Provo, Utah, when I was eighteen to attend Brigham Young University. Oh, the places I go! BYU has taught me . . . wow. I’ve met such incredible people, studied the most profound things, seen breathtaking arts and ‘scapes, heard heartbreak, felt . . . .
The last four years have been lifeshaping, that’s certain. I graduate in April and face a future severed from the place that has shaped me. Scary? Hmmmm?
I also leave my job, my friends, my professors, my home, my ward—dare I say my self? But I get to take my husband and my knowledge. Somehow, I’ll be alright. Besides, I’ve got a pretty awesome Friend watching out for me.

1 comment:
I always knew you wanted to be more like me :) I am glad you are writing again.
Post a Comment